Memories....  

Posted by Aditya Abburi

What shall I call that fleeting moment,
that feeble instance I do remember,
Is that a figment of my imagination or a feeble mark on past recollections.


Memories we call them, they come in peace.

Bitter sweet symphonies of the time gone by.

They lay deep as brush strokes by an impressionist,

Circling my attic like a fleet of pigeons,

an armada that sails through the trysts of time.


They lie clustered in those corridors of remembrance,

I pluck each one and smell there languid air,

they make me laugh and cry;

Some shall not fade though some muffle past by.

Clutching onto them I am reminded of times, of love,sadness, fear, mirth and laughter.

Some make me relish the time gone by,

Some talk to me in the tone I love.

Showing glimpses of those I treasure,

the one's far, close and those departed souls.


They lay there; all inked in the book of time,

turn the page and the moment is alive,

I try to hold on to them and they fly past by.


I ask a few not to bother me again,

they say; it was me that gave them space to stay

and here I see something happening again ..

Call it déjà-vu is what they say ...

This entry was posted on Monday, May 10 at Monday, May 10, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Autumneve  

you have such a delicate way of words. You describe things in a whole new light I haven't before seen in poetry. You should build up a collection and turn it into a book. :-)

May 16, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Post a Comment