The silence has begun; no more can anything be heard. The melody goes on, flowing from note to note, quavers, semi-quavers it flows, as my mind begin to grasp the source it changes path, turning to another long pause, then I wonder, was it me? Did I hear the sound? Has my senses deceived my mind again? I wonder longing for answers, but nothing comes, nothing’s heard & I’m back again!
I keep wondering, dreaming about the melody, I thought I heard, I did, didn’t I? It went on, again and again. I felt the hunger, something’s missing, I don't want the melody alone, don’t want the sound gone, then suddenly, like the first beam of light that escapes the horizon I hear another tune, this time a bit higher, almost enduring, but not so smooth. I hear it in the distance, long awaited sound, I hear the voice, of another means of silence, but why? That too is alone, not so strong. I wonder? Can it be? Or could it see the skin of an unearthly pride, though it stands alone, similar & high it still does not see the beauty of being combined. I look down my heart, sad but adamant, I want them both, I want them both tonight, but could it ever be? I feel lost, slowly I breathe, thinking the thought I just began.
I take my step, slow and steady, I think to myself, I must be ready, I must be calm but my heart just beats like an endless storm. I hear them again, I see the sign, they are both around but not so fond. I fight my battle, get them to settle but can they be? Will they see? United they conquer but alone they fall. I hear the cry, I hear the voice, I think they know what I might feel. One just nods, he says Yes, he is willing to take the flight. My eyes turn red, not with fire, but with desire they must come together. Confused and lost, I look at them, they see my tears just crying for help. They know my heart longs not for selfish intentions, but yet they don’t seem to see the depth in their tones. Time passes by, more tunes appear and more tones are heard. Notes fly loud, they slither soft, and they just seem to pass by so fast. Even in the most congested beat, seems just a sound, a noise, irritating at times, frustrated tempo, I begin to wonder, wonder about my long lost pals? Did they make it? Were they compatible, were they on key? Will they give birth to another new song? I long to hear the same melody, long to hear the sound again.
I wait & I wait, I’ll always wait… Wait for the Harmony of Silence!
This entry was posted
on Wednesday, May 19
at Wednesday, May 19, 2010
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.