YOOHOO!!!  

Posted by Aditya Abburi


Team India rocks!! Down 3-1 in the series, Dravid and Co. had to win 2 in a row to level the series and they did it! What was most impressive was that the wins were not by just individual contributions but Team India as a whole played great cricket!

With both Dada and Master in prime form with their batting, India couldn't have asked for a better start chasing a big total. A 150 run opening partnership meant we were never away from victory even when wickets fell in the middle overs. The way Dhoni and Uthappa played brought back memories of Jadeja and Robin Singh. Uthappa all of 21 years looked so cool and composed and took India home. His innings today reminded me of what Michael Bevan used to do for the Aussies.

I got up at 7.00 in the morning to check out the score and get ready to go to class at 9.30. I saw that England had scored 316 and I wasn't all that confident about the chase from India especially since we were under a lot of pressure to win this game just to level the series. I started watching the game and as it went on, Dada and Sachin played some of the most exquisite cover drives and lofted shots. It was heartening to see Ganguly play the pull shot to perfection on a couple of occasions.

Time was soon 9 and I had class at 9.30. I am too big a fan of team India and cricket in general so I decided to skip my Stat class to watch the game today :D As the game went on, it turned into a high-voltage encounter. I believe that India can win most games just with its batting and I always wish we play with a 7-4 team. Today that was exactly why we won. We needed someone lower down the order who could take all the pressure and still deliver.

Most times when India loses a game, it is because we do not have that one person who can carry the team over the last step and take us across the line. With 7 batsmen in the team and Dhoni and Uthappa as 6 and 7 we always had a chance even with a req rate of over 9 in the last 6 overs. they did just that and the last 2 shots that Uthappa played I will probably remember for a long long time to come. Here's wishing him a long career and many more such performances for India. Kudos to Sachin for another great innings. People talk about Team India not performing when Sachin plays well. If anybody needs any clarification please ask me and I shall supply suitable evidence with statistics to prove that he HAS won a lot of games for us :)

I was watching the game along with Tarak and Sandeep and it felt wonderful. We jumped up in joy and shouted out loud. As I looked at the big Tricolor on my wall, I suddenly felt very patriotic and extremely proud to be an Indian :)

This entry was posted on Thursday, September 6 at Thursday, September 06, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

It was an absolutely amazing match. They totally deserved to win.



SG.

September 6, 2007 at 7:07 AM

And that picture is not of this matchs' is.

:)

SG.

September 7, 2007 at 8:53 AM

awesome new blog mate....
people sometimes spend upto 6 months doing lit. review (the phds that is)

September 18, 2007 at 5:57 PM

Post a Comment