I have read many a blog where people start one as a means to vent, express themselves, show their creativity, blah blah blah....
DO they remain that way is the real question.... If you look at most blogs (mine included, both this one and the older one), the first few posts are the ones that really come the heart. In my case, I always used to write but never really had a diary or a journal. I used to write at different places about different things and then would never keep track or even bother thinking about what I wrote later. A friend of mine (Thanks Mo) introduced me to this world of blogging... He was a damn good writer himself and said I should try it out and if I like it I should continue.
He was my first reader and for quite sometime the only reader. I never really cared about it because I was writing the blog for myself... not for people to read and write a critique. Soon, some of his friends and some of my other friends also started reading my blog and started commenting. This, I think caused the biggest change of style in my writing. I was more careful about what I wrote and how I tried to express myself. In other words my thoughts were coming out censored. Now this meant that the whole point of writing (for me) which was to vent and express myself was a lost cause. If the original thoughts are not put up the way they flow out what is the whole point about writing.
I never really thought about this then.... I think I was kind of lost in the fact that I knew I had people visiting my thought process and writing was now catering to their interests more than mine... I would write about stuff where I thought I would get comments... I would also ask people what I should write about and then write.... Which is not bad, considering I was still writing pretty decent. But the actual purpose of starting my blog was lost. I continued this way for a few years... I've been blogging for more than 5 years now and this is my third blog.
I made a decision at the beginning of this year that I would only write when I really feel the urge and the motivation to write. I will not write when people ask me to or when I want people to read any stuff I write. This is just my second post this year and I think so far I am sticking to my decision.
Coming back to the present, I have been with my books all day.... been this way the past couple of months! I have a big exam coming up in 9 days and I am fairly confident I will do well.. just a little stressed out though! I am taking a break and heading out of town for 4 days after my exam and I am very excited about it...
So as I was taking a break and browsing randomly, I looked at a blog of a friend and noticed how people change their style of writing (use of big bigggg words) just to show that they know the language better than some others.... Well I suck at big words and I wont deny it. Sometimes, reading that blog I need to google the meaning of the word and I am pretty sure there are a few other people reading that blog who do that too. So what is the whole point of using such "heavy-duty" words when half the people reading them don't really understand what it means.
And so I self contradict myself once again! I talk about blogging for oneself and then I complain about someones else's blog which is using big words that I dont like..... Haha I think it is the complicated math in the physics that is doing this to me....
Wish me luck and hopefully I will post soon again :)
This entry was posted
on Sunday, August 9
at Sunday, August 09, 2009
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.